Connecting your Ring Doorbell to a smart TV is a great way to keep an eye on your front door without having to be glued to your phone. It’s also a handy tool that can help you monitor your package deliveries, even if you aren’t home.
This piece of tech has helped people uncover criminals, stalkers, etc. It also helps in keeping your home safer, and knowing who’s at your doorstep to either let them in or not.
Usually, you can view the camera recordings on your phone, but it’s typical to want to connect your Ring doorbell to your LG Smart TV to have a better view. Sadly, it is not directly supported on the TV, but there are other ways to maneuver this, which we would be explaining further in this article.
How to connect Ring doorbell to LG Smart TV
The most common/effective way to do this is by connecting your Ring doorbell to a Firestick device, then connecting it to your TV, or using your inbuilt Fire TV and setting up the Alexa app.
If you do not know how to set up the Alexa app, let’s get into it quickly before moving on to the other steps:
Connecting Ring Door Bell Directly To You LG Smart TV
A Ring doorbell is a device that allows you to see who’s at your door and interact with that person, whether you are home or not. The LG TV is a thin LED TV that provides quality pictures and sound. You can connect a Ring doorbell to an LG TV using the TV’s HDMI ports.
- Turn on your LG TV and press the “Input” button on the remote control until you see the “HDMI” input option on the screen.
- Connect an HDMI cable into one of the TV’s HDMI ports. Connect the other end of the cable into the Ring doorbell’s micro-USB port.
- Press the “Home” button on your Ring doorbell. Press up or down on the arrow pad until you see “Settings,” then press it once to open it.
- Press up or down on the arrow pad until you see “Wi-Fi,” then press it once to select it. Press up or down on the arrow pad until you see your home Wi-Fi network, then press it once to select it and bring up a menu asking for your password.
- Select numbers using up, down, left, and right on the arrow pad to enter your Wi-Fi password, then press “OK.” The device should connect to your network about 30 seconds after you enter your password.
Connecting Ring Door Bell Through Alexa App to your LG Smart TV
- Download the app on your smartphone, then go to the “Skills and Games” tab.
- Click on the “Skills and Games” tab, then search for “Ring Skill” using the search button. When you find it, click on the “Enable to Use” button.
- After clicking on the button, authorize Alexa to link to your Ring doorbell by clicking on the “Authorize” button.
- To connect your Fire TV to the Alexa app, go to “Discover Devices”, then click on the Amazon Fire TV when it appears, and it will automatically be linked to your device.
- Additionally, you can set up voice commands by going to your Fire TV and giving Alexa a command by saying, “Alexa, show me the front door” or “Alexa, show me the backyard”.
- Whenever you want to access the Ring doorbell, all you have to do is log into your Fire TV, then use voice commands to access the doorbell. Simple!
Using Screen Mirroring or Airplay to access Ring doorbell
An additional method of connecting the Ring doorbell on LG Smart TV is by using screen mirroring or Airplay on your Android/iOS device respectively.
You can do it by setting up the app first on your smartphone. To do this, you have to;
- Download the Ring app on your smartphone and create/log in to your account.
- Click on “Set up a device” then select “doorbells”
- Scan the barcode on the back of your Ring doorbell. If you have issues doing this, just select the option of “Set up without scanning” then click on “Ring video doorbell”
- Allow the app to access your location and enter your specific address into the app. If you don’t do this, the doorbell won’t work properly.
- Name your device by clicking on the “Custom” button, or selecting a name from the name suggestions.
- Put your doorbell in “Setup Mode” by pressing and releasing the orange button at the back of your doorbell. When a white light pops up, click on “Continue” in the Ring app.
- Connect your phone to your Ring app, then connect your doorbell to your Wi-Fi. All your devices should be connected to the same Wi-Fi. Note that the doorbell might run a software update once connected to the Wi-Fi. A white light will pop up to indicate that it has finished, then you can continue with the final stage. Do not try to ring the doorbell as this could disrupt the process.
- Test the doorbell once the software update has finished running.
Once you’re sure you’ve successfully connected your Ring doorbell to your smartphone, you can now proceed to set up the screen mirroring on your smartphone. Here is how to do it:
- Connect your LG Smart TV and smartphone to the same Wi-Fi network.
- On the TV homepage, click on the “LG TV plus” app to launch it. If you haven’t set it up before, follow the instructions displayed on your screen to do so.
- After setting up the app, enable “Screen mirroring”. Also, enable screen mirroring through the control bar for your smartphone.
- Your smartphone screen should start displaying on your TV screen. Launch the Ring doorbell app, and start viewing on your screen.
Alternatively, another method you could follow, especially if you use an iOS device is as explained below:
- Download and set up the Ring app, using the instructions written above.
- Activate “Airplay” in the “Airplay and Homekit” settings of your LG Smart TV.
- Be sure that your TV and Smartphone are connected to the same Wi-Fi network, then turn on the “Screen mirroring” setting in the control bar of your device.
- Select the “LG Smart TV” on your iOS and the iOS screen will start showing on the screen.
- Launch the app on your phone and start viewing through your screen.
If any of these steps don’t work, you might have to call in the services of a qualified technician, to find out if there’s anything wrong.
The Ring doorbell is a great device that helps to keep homes safer while being very convenient for the users.
With the steps given, one is sure to be able to connect it to their TV easily. An added advantage of this is that you do not have to always stand up while watching your favorite TV show, to know who is at the door. Simply access your Ring app on your Smart TV using the steps above.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
What is Ring doorbell?
Answer: The Ring doorbell is a smart doorbell that allows you to see visitors and even interact with them before they come into your house.
How can I access my Ring doorbell on LG Smart TV?
Answer: You can do that by either connecting to a Firestick device or using the screen mirroring/airplay setting. Read the instructions above to find out how.
My doorbell isn’t connecting to my Smart TV. What can I do?
Answer: If after following the instructions given above, you’re still unable to connect, contact the services of a qualified technician.