Who says you can’t have anime on your Roku? Crunchyroll is an application that brings all that goodness of anime to your table. From Naruto to Sword Art Online, Crunchyroll has it all. But getting this onto your Roku device does not come as easy as you might think. Keeping that in mind, we will run through the simple process and help you get Crunchyroll onto your Roku device with ease.
In the following article, you will learn how to watch anime on Roku. Crunchyroll is one of the good applications and provides a lot of Anime content. Crunchyroll has very good ratings and reviews as well. It’s available on Roku, Vizio TV, Amazon FireTV, Android devices, iOS devices, and many more devices. I’ll show you how to install Crunchyroll on Roku in this guide.
How To Get Crunchyroll On Roku
Crunchyroll is a popular website that allows users to watch popular Japanese anime on the Roku device. Here is the step-by-step guide on adding Crunchyroll on a Roku device.
Steps To Add Crunchyroll On Roku Device
- Step 1: Connect your Roku device to the Internet and turn on your TV set. Now press the home button on your Roku remote.
- Step 2: Select Streaming channels and then click the Search channels option. Type Crunchyroll in the search box and click OK.
- Step 3: Select Add channel option and press the OK button on your remote control.
- Step 4: The Channel will be shown under the My channels section once installed successfully.
The second way around this is to install something called “PlayOn” on your computer, which acts as a middleman between your computer and your Roku device. PlayOn lets you use apps like Crunchyroll that don’t have native Roku apps.
Install PlayOn on Your Computer
To begin with, you need to install PlayOn on your PC or Mac. You can try out the service for free for 14 days before choosing whether or not to buy it. If you decide not to buy it after 14 days, uninstall the app from your computer, and you won’t be charged anything.
Once you’ve installed PlayOn on your computer, open the app up. You’ll see a screen that looks like this:
- The next thing you’ll want to do is go to Settings -> Channels to make sure Crunchyroll is actually in your channel list.
- Scroll down until you find Crunchyroll, then click on it so that a checkmark appears next to it. Click “Save” at the bottom of the page, then close out the Settings menu.
- It would help if you were now back on the main page of PlayOn. On this page, find Crunchyroll in the list of channels.
- Then click on it to select it and click “Watch Now.” This will take you to a page where you can choose any content from Crunchyroll that you want to watch. Just find whatever anime series or film you want to watch and click on it.
- The video will start playing right in PlayOn’s interface on your PC or
Why is Crunchyroll not working on Roku?
There are many different reasons why Crunchyroll might not work on Roku. Here are a few possible reasons and how to fix them:
- One of the most common reasons Crunchyroll isn’t working is because your Roku TV or Roku streaming device is not connected to the Internet. Try restarting your modem and router to see if this fixes your problem. If not, contact your ISP for help troubleshooting the issue.
- Your account might have been deactivated for some reason, such as an expired credit card or not paying a bill. Log into Crunchyroll on your computer to fix this issue and make sure all billing information is up to date. Then check all account settings to make sure nothing was changed from the default settings by accident.
- Another possibility is an issue with your account settings for Crunchyroll on Roku TV. To fix this issue, go into Settings > Account > Manage Account Info and check all
- There have been issues with it lately, and many people ask why it isn’t Crunchyroll working on Roku? The reason behind all these problems is because of a recent update done by Roku. If you are experiencing any issues with your subscription or free account, you should first check if there are any updates available on Roku’s website.
Steps to fix Crunchyroll not working on Roku
Steps To Fix Crunchyroll Not Working On Roku
If you are unable to connect to Crunchyroll via Roku, then follow these steps:
- Check your Internet connection.
- Make sure your region settings are updated in your Roku account.
- Try restarting your router and Roku device to fix the issue.
- Uninstall and reinstall the Crunchyroll app from your Roku device.
The second thing you should do is check whether your internet connection is working properly. It may be possible that due to a slow internet connection, you may get errors while using the app. If your internet connection is working fine, you can try restarting your device and check if it works properly.
If you have not updated your Roku to the latest and greatest software version, it can sometimes cause problems. If this is the case and you are having issues with Crunchyroll on Roku, then follow these steps:
Press the Home button.
Navigate over to Settings.
Scroll down and select System Update.
If there is a new update available, then download it. You will need to follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update process. Note that updating your Roku may take a few minutes (depending on your internet connection speed).
If you’re having trouble with the Crunchyroll app on your Roku device, try restarting your device by unplugging it from power for at least 10 seconds. If this doesn’t work, resetting your device may help. You can also try signing out of the app and signing back in
If Crunchyroll crashes after you launch it, you can try the following steps to fix the problem:
Check if your Roku is still under warranty. Suppose it is a request for a replacement.
Remove the app and install it again. It would help if you had a stable internet connection when installing apps from the Roku Channel Store.
Install other streaming apps like YouTube and Netflix to see if they are working properly. If they are not working, the issue is with your internet connection or Roku device.
Try an HDMI cable instead.
If you are using an HDMI cable to connect your Roku device to your TV, try replacing it with a new one. This could fix the issue if a faulty or damaged HDMI cable caused it.
Why is Crunchyroll Lagging on Roku?
The main reason that Crunchyroll lags is because of a slow internet connection. Before you look into other fixes, try running a speed test from your computer and make sure that your download speed is at least 6 Mbps. If it’s not, contact your internet service provider and see if they can increase the speed.
Also, if you’re using Wi-Fi, make sure that you’re close enough to the router to have a strong signal. If you’re still lagging even when connected via Ethernet cable, you might need to upgrade your modem or router.
How to Fix Crunchyroll Crashing on Roku
Try these steps if Crunchyroll is lagging or crashing on your Roku device:
- On your Roku, press the Home button twice. This brings up a list of recently accessed channels.
- Highlight the Crunchyroll channel and press the start button on your remote to bring up the options menu.
- Select Remove Channel, then confirm you want to remove the Channel.
- Go back to the Roku home screen, navigate to Streaming Channels > Search Channels, and search for Crunchyroll.
- Select Crunchyroll from the search results and Add Channel to reinstall it.
- Try playing a video again after reinstalling the app
Connect With an Ethernet Cable
The first thing to try is connecting your Roku box to your router with an Ethernet cable instead of Wi-Fi. The problem might be that your Wi-Fi connection is too slow to support the video streams you’re trying to watch. If you have a laptop nearby, run a speed test and see how fast it’s getting data from the Internet. If it’s less than 5 Mbps or so — especially if it’s less than 2 Mbps — then it’s possible that not enough data is getting through for your videos to play smoothly.
If this solves the problem, it might make sense to run a longer Ethernet cable from your router to your television to avoid future streaming video problems. It should be easier to get fast speeds over a wired connection than
We want to end here by reassuring you that you will be able to watch Crunchyroll on Roku with ease. If you follow the steps listed above and the many tips presented in this guide, you will be able to watch anime on Roku for free shortly after being a new user of Crunchyroll.