Due to how “useless” live TV is on smart TVs, a lot of users prefer to disable it. Disabling it is pretty straightforward, but for first-time users of the LG Smart TV. Live TV is simply the TV’s default mode that shows local, on-air channels in real-time. However, this may be unnecessary for Smart TVs as there are better options to watch on your Smart TV like Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, etc.
Another factor is that connecting to live TV usually involves using an antenna to get a signal; thus, when the antenna isn’t used, it shows a static display with a sound that can irritate the ears.
Due to how “useless” live TV is on Smart TVs, a lot of users prefer to disable it. Disabling it is pretty straightforward, but for first-time users of the LG Smart TV, it might be a bit technical.
How to turn off live TV
Turning off live TV is quite easy; though there’s no lasting solution yet, this temporary solution works just fine. At least, it helps to eliminate the static noise, which can be whiny and uncomfortable. The steps to turn off live TV on LG Smart TV are;
- Go to the “Settings” button on your LG Smart TV remote.
- Click on “All Settings”.
- Go to “General” and choose “Channels”.
- On the “Channels” menu, choose “channel tuning”.
- On “channel tuning”, choose “manual tuning”.
- You’ll see a host of options in “manual tuning”. Simply choose “Cable DTV”.
- After choosing “Cable DTV”, turn off your TV and turn it back on.
- The static noise should have stopped, and you’ll see a pop-up message showing “no signal”. You can choose whatever you want to watch through the home screen options. Additionally, you can choose a screensaver for the blank screen in your gallery.
With these steps, you can see how simple it is to turn off the live TV. If you have any issues after this, you can always call customer support and lodge your complaint.
Live TV is a default mode on the LG Smart TV, which a lot of users don’t really care for, seeing as there are other options to choose from, e.g., YouTube, Netflix, etc. If you want to turn off the live TV on your LG Smart TV, the steps above will guide you. Any further issues should be directed to LG customer supporthttps://techallo.com/how-to-install-crunchyroll-on-lg-smart-tv-best-guide/.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- What is live TV?
Answer: Live TV is the TV’s default mode that shows local channels in real-time. When not activated, it produces a static sound that appears whenever you switch on your TV.
- How can I turn off the live TV on my LG Smart TV?
Answer: You can turn it off from the TV’s settings, using the steps given in the article.
- I have used the steps, and it still didn’t work. What should I do?
Answer: If you have tried using the steps and it didn’t work, you should contact LG customer support for more info. State the problem and the solutions you’ve tried so that they’ll be able to help you faster.