The Samsung Remote Ring Doorbell is a smart doorbell that allows you to ring your doorbell using an app on your phone remotely. It is one of the most innovative products that have been released by Samsung recently.
In this article, you will learn how the Samsung remote ring doorbell works, how to set it up, and the benefits of the Samsung remote ring doorbell.
The Samsung Remote Ring Doorbell has many features that make it more convenient and reliable. For example, it has a motion sensor which will turn on the camera when someone is at the door. It also has a night vision mode, so you can see who’s at the door, even in low light conditions.
It’s affordable and easy to use with its user-friendly design and compatibility with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, and Apple HomeKit.
How the Samsung Remote Ring Doorbell Works
The Samsung Remote Ring Doorbell is a smart doorbell that has a wide range of features. It is powered by Samsung’s SmartThings platform and can be controlled through a smartphone app.
The Samsung Remote Ring Doorbell works on the principle of door chime technology. When someone rings the doorbell, it triggers the remote to send a signal to an app on your phone. The app will then connect to the device and show you who’s at your front door.
The Samsung ring doorbell works in connectivity with your Samsung smartphone, Samsung wireless remote, Samsung TV, or SmartThings apps.
Unlike the usual ring doorbell that only indicates that somebody is at the door, the Samsung remote ring doorbell shows who is at the door. You can watch the live video of what is happening outside your door via the Smart tv, which guarantees increased security.
How do I Set up My TV to Use the Samsung Remote Ring Doorbell?
Setting up your TV for the Samsung Remote Ring Doorbell is easy. Check out the steps below:
Step 1: Set up the Ring doorbell in the App
The first thing to do when connecting your Tv to the Samsung remote ring doorbell is to set up your devices on the Ring App; however, if your TV already has the Ring App installed, you can jump over to the next step.
If yours do not have the Ring App installed, follow the steps below to get it done:
- Download the Ring App on your Android or IOS device
- Create an account when it is installed
- Go to “Set Up a Device”
- Choose doorbells. If you want the camera to be up and running, you can choose the camera after choosing the doorbell.
- Scan the MAC ID barcode or QR code as displayed on your ring device
- Name your device and set your location
- Install your Ring App by following the physical installation steps
- Set up your device in a Setup Mode
- Connect your device to the Ring Wi-Fi network
- Connect it to your home Wi-Fi afterwards
- Check out if the device is working properly
Doing so ensures you enable the Ring Alerts and Motion Alert features on the Ring doorbell and Camera dashboard so that you can receive notifications on your TV.
Step 2: Pair the Ring Doorbell and Camera in the SmartThings App on Your Device
After ensuring the device is working perfectly, the next step is to connect the Ring doorbell and camera to your SmartThings App on your gadgets. You can download the SmartThings app on the Google Play Store, Apple store or Galaxy store.
Below are the steps to follow to connect the ring doorbell with your SmartThings App.
- Go to the Google Play Store or Apple store to download the SmartThings App on your gadget.
- Create an account
- Click on the “+” icon as displayed on the right side of your home screen
- Search for Ring and click on it
- Click on doorbells or camera
- Click on “authorize the connection to the ring.”
- Sign in to the Ring account on the Ring App
- Tap the Authorize button on the screen, and information will be displayed; ensure you follow them entirely.
Step 3: Set up the Ring Device on your Samsung Smart TV
Go to the SmartThings app on your Samsung smart TV and turn on the ring notification button to allow you receive Ring Alerts and Motion Alert notifications. To set it up, follow the steps below:
- Go to your SmartThings App on your Tv
- Go to the section icon as displayed on the right-hand side of the screen
- Turn on the Ring and motion notifications to get both motion and ring alerts
- The notification will be displayed on your tv so you can watch them on the full screen.
The importance of pairing your Samsung remote ring doorbell cannot be overemphasized compared to your phone or tablet; when you get to have a limited vision of who is at the door, the smart Tv enables you to get a clearer and fuller vision.
Also, the Tv serves as a good alternative when the battery of your phone or tablet dies off. Also, you can stay in the comfort of your sofa to get a live video of what is happening outside your door.
How To Get Flash Player On Samsung Smart Tv
How To Get Flixtor On Roku Tv [Detailed Step By Step Guide]
How to Use a Digital Assistant on Your Samsung TV to Control Your Ring Doorbell
To use a digital assistant on your Samsung TV to control your Ring Doorbell, you will need the following:
- Samsung TV and compatible smart device
- A valid account with the Ring app (Google Play or App Store)
- The Samsung SmartThings Hub
- A compatible wireless router that supports SmartThings
- A wired Ethernet connection from the router to the TV
- The Ring Doorbell Pro
- An Amazon Alexa device and a fire stick or a fire Tv cable (for other smart TVs)
You mustn’t have a Samsung tv to pair the Samsung remote ring doorbell with your TV. You must connect the Ring Camera using Alexa and an Amazon fire stick or five TV cubes for other smart TVs.
The Best TV Smart Assistants to Track Your Ring Doorbell
The Ring Doorbell is a device that helps you keep an eye on your property and its visitors. It is the most popular smart doorbell on the market today. With the help of its built-in camera, it allows you to see what’s happening on your property and sends alerts when something suspicious happens.
The Ring Doorbell has many features that make it easy for you to monitor your property. However, as with any other smart device, there are some features that you might not be using. One feature is the ability to track your Ring Doorbell with an app like Find My Phone or Find My iPhone.
Ring Smart Assistants are designed specifically to track your Ring Doorbell and send alerts when something suspicious happens, or someone tries to break into your home while you’re away.
Ring doorbells work with some Google Home Assistants that you can help to track. You can also pair it to be connected to other devices such as smart headphones, Android 6.0 and upwards phones and tablets, IOS 10.0 and upwards and Android 6.0 and upwards TVs.
The good news is that you can easily pair the remote ring doorbell with these Google home devices. The pairing will enable you to get some form of control over some aspects of the ring device.
With Google Home Devices, you can use a voice command to check the battery life of your ring doorbell and its health status. You can also check the last time it captured a visitor or even record a short live video beginning the doors, and you can configure the motion alerts.
For you to be able to use Google Home Assistants to track your ring doorbells, there are certain things you must get. They are:
- A ring doorbell
- A ring account
- A ring app
- A Google Home smart device
- An account with Google
- Google Home app
- Google Assistant App
When pairing them, you should be conscious of security. Ensure you apply a 2-factor authentication to protect your doorbell with the Google home devices. With Google home devices, you don’t have to get up from the bed or your convenience to check the battery life of your doorbell; you can simply say, “Google, what is the health of my ring device.”
What are the Benefits of Using a Smart Home Device on My TV?
Smart home devices are becoming more and more popular in the market. They provide convenience and security to their users.
There are many benefits of using a smart home device on your TV. They are:
1. It can help you manage your home’s energy consumption, keep you in touch with family and friends, and much more.
2. It can save you from going through the hassle of switching lights, turning on the AC or even opening your front door whenever there is an emergency. You can easily instruct the device with words, and the seniors record the instruction and carry out the action immediately.
3. It helps you to maximize your home security. You can easily automate your home system with smart home devices. You can connect them to motion detectors, automated door locks and surveillance cameras. Also, you can connect them to your phone or tablet to get notifications or alerts on what is happening or if something unusual happens. Also, you can optimize it to get daily home security updates before bed.
4. It improves remote control of home functions: Smart home devices give you the power to control your home functions remotely and from a distance. Functions like putting on the AC, the TV, the Bulbs, opening or closing the door, and even setting up the fire area can be done with just a command. You can even preheat your oven while on your way back home. It makes your life easy and stress-free.
5. It aids the elderly and disabled: One of the advantages of smart home devices is that it provides support for the elderly and disabled. Smart home devices can cover up some small errands in the home. You don’t disturb yourself by going to the kitchen to preheat your food, opening the door when someone is knocking, or putting off the light when you want to sleep. It makes living at home for the elderly and disabled less stressful.
6. It enables you to gain control over your entire home appliance at the same time. You can easily automate and connect your entire appliance to a central control system using smart home devices. This gives you full control over all the appliances at home with one single access. You don’t have to be pressing so many buttons trying to access all the appliances.
Go to Samsung to get more information about the Samsung Remote Ring Doorbell.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Do Ring Work Better with Alexa or Google?
Ring works better with Alexa since Amazon produces both of the products. To get added advantage, connect your ring to Amazon Echo. This will enable you to utilize assistant features pretty well. This is not to say that Ring does not work with Google, it does, but the experience isn’t as smooth as when using Alexa.
Does Ring Battery Last?
Ring stated that its battery lasts for 6 to 12 months before it needs to be recharged back. However, this estimate is based on the nature of the environment and the degree of usage.
Can My Ring Doorbell be hacked?
Ring Doorbells can be hacked. However, you have a function to play to make it possible or not. To prevent your ring doorbells from not being hacked, you have to tighten up its security features by using stronger passwords, enabling two-factor authentication and updating your device regularly.
Are Ring Doorbell Subscription-based?
Ring doorbells are subscription based. Ring protection basic costs $3.99 monthly and $39.99 yearly. Ring protect plus incurs higher charges because it lets you record all the doorbells and surveillance cameras in the home.
Samsung remote ring doorbell can be used even on no Samsung smart TVs. To ensure additional security, do connect it with Google Home Assistant. Ensure the Google Home Assistant is compatible with your gadgets and the ring doorbells.